Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper Body Strength and Power

Good morning FB Family!

Today’s workout release combines strength and power to provide you with a fun, comprehensive upper body routine:

Upper Body Power and Strength with Burnout Rounds

In this routine, you will alternate between strength-forward and power-driven upper body exercises to improve total body muscle integration. Increased upper body strength combined with better control over quick movement patterns improves your overall endurance. The upper and lower body muscles move synchronously – once one area tires out the other quickly follows suit. Workouts such as this one with a few power elements are helpful in improving your awareness of the lower/upper body connectedness, because both areas of the body complement each other to effectively complete the exercise with efficiency and force.

I love the “conquer the world” feeling that follows any kind of workout that includes strength and power, because of the speed and precision that is required to quickly move, decelerate, and control the flow of a “heavy” weight from one position to the next. You can bet I felt pretty accomplished during and after filming this workout! Minus during the pike push-up. I was convinced I was doing some amazing crown-of-head-to-floor push-ups but that’s not quite what I saw when editing the footage – oops.

Hopefully, you all enjoy safely throwing your weights around a bit! Will your pike push-up be a thing of beauty? Remember – you’re not that far from the ground if you need to forfeit the push-up. Just drop to your knees and tuck and roll. I’m just guessing this is the best way to avoid a face plant, no experience with the tuck in roll whatsoever (this is a lie).

See you on the screen!

-Tasha