Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper Body Resistance with Accessory Movements

Good morning! Looking for a new circle resistance band workout, but for the upper body? Here we go!

Upper Body Resistance with Accessory Movements

For this workout, you’ll need just a circle resistance band/glute loop but make sure it’s a stretchy kind like the one I am using in the video (as opposed to a stiffer fabric). We often think that resistance loops are used for lower body or glute-focused exercises but, turns out, there is so much we can do with one to strengthen and tone the muscles of our upper body! By the nature of the exercises in this workout, we will heavily focus on the shoulders and back, with a smaller focus on the biceps, triceps, and chest. 

Resistance loops are easy to throw in your bag when traveling and they’re easy on the joints. I also love that it presents us with varied resistance, different from what we often default to using as dumbbells are fixed resistance. Varied resistance allows the muscles to work in a different way than they’re used to. I like sneaking an upper body band workout into my routine every now and then as a way to switch it up and make my muscles exposed to something different.

In the workout, we complete 2 rounds of 15 exercises that solely focus on upper body banded exercises. To enhance or bring more to many of the exercises, there will be accessory movements added that involve either the legs or core to increase the challenge. However, I make it very clear that we want to keep our main attention on what’s going on for the upper body! If you’re looking for a strictly upper body focused workout, you could always take the accessory movements out of the exercise.

Resistance bands are humbling! I was feeling sweaty and pleased by the end of this one :) Who's looking forward to bringing the band to the upper body with me in this workout?! See you on the screen.

xxErica