I miss what I use to be able to do...

Years ago I was able to follow programs I picked from FB and be consistent(ish), I use to lift weights and feel really powerful, I use to feel good about what my body looked like and what it could do, I use to be proud of my progress...

Due to a death in the family years ago...I stumbled off the wagon. Hard. And I feel like I keep trying to start over, start slow, trust the process, be patient...but during the workouts I don't feel strong, I don't feel progression, I don't feel capable. I just notice all the things I can't do, and it's even hard lately to look at myself moving in the mirror because I don't like how I look.

When I started meds for my ADHD, there was a brief few months I felt hopeful again about my abilities, physically and mentally. I was able to control my obsessive binging, which helped me drop some weight... But I still feel so weak. The fact that I need to workout to just get myself back to a regular functioning body, regardless of any superficial gains, is really hard to get over...

I guess I just needed to vent this. I haven't been active on here in a long time, I don't now how the community has changed or improved or anything... But I'm hoping maybe reaching out will help.