HKS(Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group June 26th 🌧️🥕🥖

Hello Blendfriends, welcome to the start of a new week! For me, the week will be bathed in cool rain; it's already started. After the heat and wildfire smoke of the weekend, I'm more than ready for this change! As are my tiny baby carrot seedlings, which got no watering yesterday due to the smog event. So here is a thought for a rainy day:

“A single gentle rain makes the grass many shades greener. So our prospects brighten on the influx of better thoughts. We should be blessed if we lived in the present always, and took advantage of every accident that befell us, like the grass which confesses the influence of the slightest dew that falls on it.” (Henry David Thoreau)

I like the reference to living in the present. The passage goes on to suggest we not dwell on past failures, and duties but I am certainly capable of worrying about future ones, too. So I'll try to enjoy this day, and this week, as they come to me. Right now the air quality is still "very unhealthy", so I'll stay indoors and low impact, maybe just stretch the kinks out a bit, then get in my strength workout when the air quality improves this afternoon. I'm also craving a nice baguette 🥖, so I want to get out of the house at least for food shopping.

I hope things are looking up for all you good people and that you have all the right stuff on your calendar today!

P.S. For any word nerds reading this, I checked the definition of "confess" above and it is in the sense of "give evidence of", rather like "indicate".