Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Active Recovery Reboot 2

Hey, Fitness Blender fam!

I wanted to share an active recovery session I recently used after a tough week of traveling, testing for my jiu-jitsu brown belt, and intense workouts. It was the perfect way to give my body much-needed care and attention; you might benefit from it too.

Total Body Active Recovery Reboot 2

This active recovery workout focuses on gentle stretching and relaxation rather than pushing ourselves to the limit. It's all about giving our muscles some love and promoting flexibility and mobility. So, don't worry about perfect timing or pushing too hard - listen to your body and find that sweet spot in each stretch.

We start with a Side Bend Stretch to release tension in the obliques and torso, followed by a Forearm Stretch to show some love to our hardworking forearms. We then move into an Angled Child's Pose to open the lats, shoulders, and side body.

Next, we target the hip flexors with the Hip Flexor Stretch, which is excellent for counteracting the effects of prolonged sitting. We then focus on the hamstrings with the Kneeling Hamstring Stretch, followed by the Lying Hip Stretch to release hip tension and improve mobility.
The Butterfly Stretch is fantastic for improving flexibility in the hips and groin, and the Hurdle Stretch targets the hamstrings and calves to enhance lower body flexibility. We also include a Seated Neck Stretch to relieve tension in the neck and shoulders.

Finally, we wrap up the session with Knee Hugs, perfect for releasing lower back tension and improving hip mobility.

Remember, this active recovery session is about giving our muscles some much-needed TLC. It's not about perfect performance but rather about listening to our bodies and finding that balance in each stretch. So, take some time for yourself, enjoy the session, and try it!

Keep up the great work!

-Brian