Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Lower Body Strength Half Pyramid EMOMs

Good morning FB Family!

This is the workout where the “hero shuffle” was born — marching, strutting, and walking around your workout space in a minor state of tired confusion as you collect your bearings before the next work interval. I probably covered at least a quarter mile hero shuffling my way throughout this entire routine:

Lower Body Strength Half Pyramid EMOMs

You ultimately determine the intensity of this level 3 workout with your weight selections! We use the EMOM (every minute on the minute) format to pace us through five sets of five exercises (there are five EMOMs during which you focus on one exercise per EMOM), increasing the weight as the goal reps decrease. If you don’t have a varied selection of weights to increase your weight each round, no worries – you can increase your goal reps and/or play around with time under tension (add pulses or pauses to the exercises). The write-up has a few additional tips for completing this workout, including an example of weight progressions for each exercise (not a recommendation, just a reference).

By the end of this workout, I had raised the internal temperature of my apartment by three degrees even after trying to create an icebox prior to the start of filming (I was shivering before I pressed record). Lower body workouts always get me! They’re our largest muscles in the body and require more energy for movement than the muscles in our upper body or core. I also thoroughly regretted my weight selections for the right leg reverse lunge by the time I made it to the left side. This is a minorly irrelevant fact but I just needed you to know my sentiments during that left leg reverse lunge EMOM.

Take your grip breaks but challenge yourself! Let us know how your legs feel afterwards — did you hero shuffle as much as me?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha