Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bodyweight-Only Strength and Cardio Circuit

Good morning FB Family!

Today’s workout combines strength and cardio for a high intensity interval training (HIIT) no-equipment experience!

Bodyweight-Only Strength and Cardio Circuit

Make sure to review the write-up for alternatives/modifications (each move has multiple components) and note that we switch up the sequence of the exercises within the circuit during each subsequent round! The unpredictability of the exercise order not only prevents your body from adapting to a specific sequence but also keeps your mind continuously engaged throughout the workout. This routine is a fun way to get your heartrate elevated while challenging your brain to maintain a consistent mind-muscle connection.

Remember to move with intention and put forth your best effort to elicit the peaks and valleys heartrate effect of HIIT workouts (work hard, rest hard) that produces the many benefits of this style of training. We move pretty quickly through each exercise with only 30 seconds of work so don’t be surprised if it takes a couple of goes at this workout to get the hang of each move and feel sufficiently challenged. I wore shiny pants to motivate myself to put in a solid effort but also to trick you into thinking that I was moving faster than I actually was – did it work?

Enjoy the workout, let us know how it goes, and feel free to share a picture of your own shiny pants if you choose to wear them.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha