Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Low-Impact Weighted Cardio and Core

Hey Fitness Blender Fam!

If you love to get sweaty without the jump, I’ve got something for you today:

Low-Impact Weighted Cardio and Core

We’ll be using light and medium dumbbells alongside functional, unilateral, and kickboxing-inspired exercises to raise your heart rate and work your deep core muscles. Best of all, this workout is done in our bored easily format so you’ll see each of the exercises just one time. Sound fun? Well... it is!

In this workout we integrate our core and cardio together, instead of splitting them into isolated groups. This is one of the best ways to work your core because it’s functional and translates to daily life which, in turn, prevents injury and improves quality of life. 

I’ll be honest, this workout was sneaky and definitely caught up to me at times — in a good way! I’m writing this post the day after filming and my entire mid-section has a healthy level of soreness which tells me I did something unique and different. While a solid level 3, this routine can absolutely be scaled up or down following my tips in the write-up.

How do we feel about weighted cardio? I’m a fan. Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

See you on screen,

Nicole