Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Unilateral Arm Strength, Core Stability and Booty

Hey everyone! Here’s today’s new workout:

Unilateral Arm Strength, Core Stability and Booty

There’s great intentionality going on in this workout to support your overall functionality through unilateral training and stability and coordination exercises. Not only will your shoulders, biceps, triceps, core, and booty get a thorough physical workout complete but your brain will be recruited a little extra, too! Throughout the workout, it’s a common theme to make use of unconventional exercises to improve motor skills and work those muscle groups from angles you probably haven’t before. The exercises will derive from traditional movements you’re used to but they sure will have their own flare :) 

The only equipment you’ll need is some light weights (potentially medium as well) for the unilateral arm strength exercises and a supportive mat for the bodyweight core stability and booty exercises. If your floor surface or mat is not supportive enough, plan to have a folded yoga mat or towel nearby for extra comfort. 

I’m also excited to highlight that this workout can become wrist-friendly for those who are curious! In part two of the workout (core stability and booty) there are many exercises that incorporate the wrists but not with a ton of pressure. For the one exercise that does use more pressure, it can be modified (shared in the write-up). 

The workout is rated a 4 in difficulty because some of the exercises are tricky for balance and coordination, but that’s no reason to shy away! I remind us (yes, myself included) along the way to lift lighter weights, move at a slower pace, and offer up modifications so we can get the hang of the exercises.

I know you’re going to enjoy this full-body experience! See ya there!

xxErica