Daily Check-in: Thursday, June 8th

Hello, Blendfriendz!

How are you today?

I hope you're well!

The smoke's cleared out a bit for us, so it's not too bad in that regards. I know some of you in the Eastern Seaboard are really socked in with dangerous air quality levels from the Canadian wildfires. Please, take care of yourselves, wear masks, and try to stay inside as much as feasibly possible.

Now, let's talk some workouts shall we?

What do your workouts look like for today?

Yesterday, Miss Raven convinced me to swap my lower body with Brian for the new lower body with Tasha...and; DANG. Tasha, The Quad Killer. Holy frijole. My legs were toast after that, and are feeling it something fierce this morning! Which, I suppose, makes it a great day for upper body! I've got the one with Amanda that's 3 rounds of upper body work, and I can't wait. I really like that one!

And what about for some food today, Blenderz? What's on the menu for today?

We're gonna have grilled pita pizzas! Looking forward to that!

Finally, a pic! After discussing houseplants with Anne yesterday, I was kinda hoping we could have a bit of show-and-tell today. So tell me, Blendiez, what houseplants do you have? Do you have a favorite? Are they ALL your favorites (YES!)? Would you share a pic or two of them, should you desire to?

So here's a recent houseplant acquisition of mine; an orchid! I've always wanted to have an orchid, but thought they'd be too difficult to take care of--so far, that's not the case! Hubby got me the absolutely gorgeous one for Dog Mom's Day back in May; and I am just in love with it! Orchids also always make me think of a fellow Blender, Juliska, who had an amazing collection of orchids, and an absolute green thumb when it came to taking care of them. We haven't heard from Juliska in some time; but I hope she is doing well, and knows that she is missed around here!

To circle back to the original photo discussion re: houseplants; this orchid is just one of mine. I also have a coffee tree, bird of paradise, dwarf pomegranate, fig tree, blood orange tree, parsley, lavender, Norfolk Island pine, and two hydroponic gardens. One with herbs (basil, thyme, savory, mint, parsley) and one with flowers (sweet alyssum, impatiens, and polka dot plants). And: as of yesterday, I got a Chinese Money Plant!! Anne, thank you for discussing that with me--I told hubby how cool I thought the money plants were, and he came home with one yesterday!! I am so excited! We are now houseplant twinning!

Okay, I think I went a bit crazy talking about plants; but I absolutely love them, and hope you will share some of yours, Blendfriendz!

And before I close out this check in, let's talk ghosting real quick! Here's our current lineup:

June 10th & 11th: Karen

June 17th & 18th: Lea

June 24th & 25th: Inge

July 1st & 2nd: ??

As always, if anyone is interested in guest hosting any weekend from the first of July onward, just let me or Raven know, and we'll get ya added to the schedule! Thanks so much for volunteering!

If you made it this far, thanks for listening to my ramblings!

Thanks so much for checking in with me, and I hope you have a great day!

Take care, Blendfriendz!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited