M

Need encouragement

Dear blenders,

I'm very frustrated at the moment because of a set-back and thought I'd turn to you for some support.

I've lost almost 8kgs so far this year and was very happy with my progress. Took it reasonably slow, felt great, clothes fit better, I looked visbly toned and thought this was sustainable (even though I still had to lose a couple more pounds).

And then I went on holiday for just one week... I tried to stay active and even got an early morning FB workout in in my room every day. I know that I did eat too much - just a little or so I thought. Did not want to deprive myself too much (because holiday:-)) but I did skip some of the less appealing meals. Back at home I was shocked to see my weight was almost back to the starting point. At first I was quite cool, thinking it's probably just water and will go down soon. But the thing is, now I've been home for a while and the scale still hasn't moved. Clothes don't fit as well anymore and I look bloated and way bigger around the waist.

So now I'm really wondering... I can't have undone half a year of progress in just one week now, can I? Has anyone experienced something similar? How did it turn out for you?