Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Traditional and Barre-Inspired Total Body Cardio

Hello everyone! I’ve got a unique cardio routine that’s now live for you today:

Total Body Barre Cardio

This routine showcases a blend of barre-inspired movements along with traditional bodyweight cardio exercises. I encourage you to be open about the form that cardio finds you in this workout! If you’ve done some of my other workouts, you know I love a surprisingly good and tough low-impact cardio workout where our feet barely even leave the floor! This one will be no different. Whether our limbs are moving all over the place or settled into an isometric hold, your muscle endurance and cardiovascular threshold will be tested in new ways.

Another feature that allows this routine to become cardio-oriented very quickly is that we’re performing the intervals in giant sets. We will be doing 4 exercises in a row before a rest. It comes out to just over 2 and a half minutes of work before a 30-second rest. Consider this “endurance HIIT”!

This workout greatly works muscle endurance, total body coordination, and the cardiovascular system. Throughout the workout, I consistently remind you of ways to make this routine more challenging or more moderate. I also explain more detail on that in the workout write-up so you have options before beginning!

I hope to see you in the workout with an open mind as we redefine what “cardio” can be! 

xxErica