M

Workout Programs for Women going through menopause.

Hello.

I am a FB Plus member and really love Fitness Blender. Recently I went to the Dr. and confirmed that I have began menopause. I already suspected it, but it’s different when you know it. I have been researching a lot about it, specifically about working out. One of the principal indicators was precisely the changes in my fitness. Normally, I choose Level 4 & 5 of difficulty, but I stopped seeing any results. To the contrary, I am gaining belly fat instead of loosing it.

Studies shows that with the reduction of estrogen, our bodies loose its recovery capacity so stress hormones being released are storing as fat. Women going through menopause are recommended to change intensity of workout to moderate. This is a big change in mindset for me, but I am willing to try it to see better results in my fitness and to feel better about myself. I am ok with aging naturally. I just want to feel mentally and physically healthy.

Having said all this, I will like for the Fitness Blender team to consider this and maybe develop a program that fits women going through menopause or recommend one that is already available. I saw many comments in the community chat with the same concerns.

Thank you for reading this. Hope to hear from you.

Margarita.