Saturday đź‘» checkin: 20-5-23

Hey there all you lovely blenderbuddies. How’s things with you? Is there any excitement coming your way like moving house (hope everything goes well, Anne), or kids graduating (Ingeborg) or kids auditioning (Coby)? I am counting down the days till my daughter is going to visit us from the States. It will be her first time seeing where and how we live… very exciting, only 30 “nachtjes slapen” (or “sleeps” as you would say in English. But life without major excitement will do just as well, won’t it? I am writing this checkin just before we are off to Dinton for a countryside task. That’s where my husband lost our car key in the bonfire three weeks ago: I certainly don’t need that kind of excitement in my life again!!! Anyway: we are here for a reason, not to blabber on, Lea, get to it.

Workouts: yes, no, maybe? Rest day for some of us, catching up day for others, very active day or nothing specific planned? Let me hear what you are treating your body with today? And most importantly of all: listening to your body! I still find that hard at times. How are you on that front?

Next topic: sustenance… what’s on the menu for you today? As we will be back late in the afternoon, it might be a quiche from the freezer. Never to keen to cook after a day’s volunteering. But I know some of you are wonderful cooks (or your husbands/partners are), so do inspire me with the food you are opting for today. I just had oats for breakfast, my usual start in the morning with coffee on the side of course.

Picture for today: after having litterpicked around the beach and gotten disheartened by the rubbish left around a few days ago, I saw this on the way back. That certainly made me feel happy again: there is always some beauty around! Go looking for it.

BTW I won’t be replying to your news till later today, but I will reply, so let me hear all your news!

Edited