Perspiration Pals 17 May 2023

Hello Pals! It’s Wednesday. I mean the day not Wednesday Addams. Although it would be cool if I were Wednesday Addams. The thread would be a tiny bit gloomier, though. It’s been raining for over a week now. The sun showed itself for a short while yesterday only to be covered by black clouds again. Do I sound like an explorer? Well, I’m more like an armchair explorer.

Anyway, I started a day by working out with Brian, it was a slow tempo lower body strength routine so my already sore lower body will not be happy today. It was a good one though, I like working out with Brian.

I was thinking about a suitable topic for today and then I remembered Tour de Hongrie from last week and I thought I could give you some bicycle related facts. Did you know that China boasts more than a half billion bicycles? There are nine million bicycles in Beijing according to Katie Melua so I can easily imagine half a billion altogether. No, actually I can’t imagine half a billion bikes… Anyway, apparently, you can fit around 15 bicycles in the same space that one car occupies. Cycling is one of the best pastimes for people who want to reduce the risk of having heart disease or a stroke and it is 20 times cheaper to maintain a bicycle than a car.

All right, I have to go back to work now, have an easy day and if you have a bike, and the weather is good enough, go for a spin.