HKS (Healthy Kind Support) Accountability Group May 16th

Good Tuesday morning!

Our little Loki dog is going in for surgery at 9am. I will try to keep my mind occupied while I wait to pick him up later today. In the past, this would have been a day of bingeing for me, from all of the stress and anxiety, but thankfully, that is not me anymore.

I will complete day 3 of the Body Image challenge, which includes Nicole’s Total Body Workout to Boost Body Image, that many of you have enjoyed in the past. And I will go for a walk in the rain while listening to music, to help keep my mind busy. Will this be an active day for you?

Yesterday, I almost talked myself out of working out, but I told myself that my body deserves that I take care of it, and I got a good UB workout in, where I upped my weights on 2 of the exercises. I am working on moving past negative thought patterns that hold me back. The thoughts are there, but it doesn’t mean I have to believe them or listen to them. Have you ever had to work on replacing negative thoughts with positive affirmations and self-compassion?

On a totally unrelated subject, I realized that I didn’t mention that I celebrated 25 years of working at my company, two days ago. I received a bouquet of flowers from one of our Senior VPs, whom I had met a few times when she was visiting stores, during the time that I was an Assistant Store Manager. I was very surprised and touched. I know that there will be other celebrations coming up, including a supper and a Cirque du Soleil show with my colleagues in June. I’m usually not one to boast about my accomplishments, but I’m pretty proud of this one.

Enjoy a great day everyone! 🙂