Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout! Express Lower Body Strength

Hi FB Fam!

I hope you are all doing well and are having a great week. I am excited about this routine because it is the lower-body version of one of my upper-body routines! It is the perfect companion to another workout, a short and sweet stand-alone workout, or an extended warm-up for leg day! So, if you liked Express Upper Body Bored-Easily Strength Intervals, you will like this one!

Express Lower Body

We have 20 different exercises with no repeats. We work for 35 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds. There is no warm-up or cool-down with this routine, so plan accordingly. I encourage you to listen to your body and choose the weights that will challenge you while maintaining proper form and technique. Depending on the challenge you want, you can easily make this workout a 2/5 or 5/5 based on your weight choice. I used 5 lbs/2.27 kg and 10 lbs/4.5kg throughout the routine because that is where my body's abilities were that day. 

On another note, summer is right around the corner! When I lived on the east coast and in the Midwest, Memorial Day weekend was the unofficial start of summer, and then it ended on Labor Day. However, where I live now, we have the "May Gray" and the "June Gloom," where it is overcast, and temps are a little cooler. That said, our unofficial start to summer is July 4th and ends around Halloween. What are you looking forward to most this summer? Vacation? Backyard BBQs? Movies in the park? Iced coffee every morning? 

Thanks for working out with me!

-Amanda