Daily Check-in: Monday, May 15th

Hello hello FB Fam!

How are you? And how was your weekend? Did all the moms have a lovely Mother's Day? ..I certainly hope so!

I want to throw a big thanks over to Coby for taking us through a Saturday and Sunday! Thanks, Cobicita! And I'm soooooo happy for you that you got to see Hamilton! To make it to the top ten best experiences has to be special!

And thank you to Kim for keeping the check-ins going for another two weeks. But not just for that, but also being the start of them. I've actually forgotten the exact date now, but I know it was always around mother's day when Kim started these check-ins five years ago now back in 2018.

Five years?! I love that it has lasted this long and still going! Not much but also a lot has changed! Some of you are still here (yay!) and some friends haven't checked in for some time now, but you are thinked about and missed!

I had no idea the kinds of beautiful friendships I would make here just by sharing my workouts and food and other life stuff over here in a little corner of the internet. It's awesome. I keep saying it, but I like the little reminders along the way of how fortunate I am to know you all. And all made possible by our Kim of Kims, the mother of the check-ins. My friend❤️

Okay, I'll stop being so gushy and get to checking in like we Blenderz do!

Workouts and food on this Mondaze. Let's do it!

Workout wise, I am tackling the Faster with Tasha challenge with my good buddies, Shabnam and Kim! I've been looking forward to this challenge so much, and day one did not disappoint! I questioned my sanity at the squat jump scissor + scissor legs. Fun, but also, dying. And I felt great after words, so yeah. Same time tomorrow?😅 ..Looking forward to how my buddies will do! And to whatever anyone else has going on with movement, good luck and hopefully enjoy it!

As far as food, how is that going? I don't have a real plan, but I do have some watermelon to snack on! I used to not like watermelon so much, but now I find it to be a refreshing especially when with the weather getting warmer!

Picture for today is of a Southern Magnolia that is slightly passed its prime. Or really just feeling the full force of Monday. Sometimes a flower can't always look so sharp, but there can be a beauty about it that is all it's own. Maybe there is a metaphor hiding in there. Maybe not. Flowers can be like that.

Thanks for reading and checking in with me today! I hope you have a nice day and I'll see you in the comments!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***