On this Mother’s Day …

To all the mom’s out there, both of kids and livestock/pets, I pray you’re having a great day; and that you feel appreciated. 🙂

——

To those who no longer have their mom’s by their sides: I feel your pain. 😢 Try to remember the good times, and do something special in her honor. ♥️💜♥️

——

I am greatly missing my mom. 😭 The month’s of January, March, May, September, November, and December are especially tough.

I am so thankful for the blessing she was to me. After all, she and dad chose to foster me as a newborn in the NICU, even though I was on hospice. And then, they adopted me. 💕

I can try to count the blessings and opportunities I’ve been given because of this, but they are numerous (perhaps infinite).

We hit the five-year mark in January. It still feels like yesterday. Sometimes, I still call home, or rush into the house, eagerly wanting to tell her something. 😕

——

My latest trip to Disney World was especially hard. I went for 10 glorious days, from April 24th through May 3rd.

I was reminded of all the trips we took as a family to Disney World, and other vacation destinations, along with the corresponding memories and experiences.

I teared up during Festival of the Lion King. That was mom’s favorite show at Disney World.

Eating at California Grill, and then watching the fireworks for Magic Kingdom, also brought back a lot of memories.

And, when I was at Discovery Cove, I thought of her often. That was an experience she would have loved.

When I was spinning the teacups, faster and faster, I could hear her voice saying “no.” 🤣

——

All this to say, while I greatly miss mom, every single day, I am comforted by the fact that she is no longer in pain, and I will see her again one day.

——

I love you mom. 💕 🌷

——

The picture is from our last family trip together in January 2016, before her cancer returned.

Edited