Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Total Body Strength and Cardio Conditioning

Good morning FB Family!

Hopefully today’s workout release doesn’t pique your hunger cues and get your stomach grumbling too much before the workout ends (probably just a me thing). We’re sandwiching cardio exercises between strength-forward moves in this test of cardiovascular and muscular endurance:  

Total Body Strength and Cardio Conditioning

This routine is rated as a level 5 because of the format, sequencing of exercises, and overall high energy demand required to complete the 60-second-long work intervals. You will complete three rounds of each strength-cardio pair, sandwiching the cardio exercise between two intervals of the strength move (strength-cardio-strength). The work interval for each exercise is 20 seconds, no rest; therefore, the entire work interval totals to 60 seconds. In addition to improving your overall fitness conditioning, workouts as such also test your mental grit and commitment to enduring challenging feats. Note how your performance of the strength exercises is affected by interspersing a cardio move between attempts.

The EMOM (every minute on the minute) intermissions are an alternative way to rev up the heartrate with a “you versus the clock” format. Remember, you can adjust the goal reps for each exercise to fit your training needs and preferences!

I recall saying “oh my goodness” way too many times during this workout and contemplating several ideas for additional level 5 routines. Are there any current level 3 or 4 workouts you’d like to see “remixed” into level 5 routines?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha