HKS(Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group May 8th

Hello Blend friends and welcome to Monday. I would like to start the thread properly, but I'm not quite in the right frame of mind. I've been away from the forum this week while visiting my mother, and I've only just peeked at the Sunday thread to see what you are all up to. I'm very sad to say that my mother passed on Thursday, peacefully at home. We knew this could happen at any time, but it was still a surprise and a loss. I plan to stay a bit longer and help my brothers and sisters. I'm grateful to be surrounded by people I love and we are preparing a beautiful ceremony for her.

As I was cleaning one of the rooms (we'll need them all as more siblings arrive from far away), I found this quote : "A friend knows the song in your heart and can sign it back to you when you've forgotten the words." (My mother was a choir director; she taught us, and a lot of people many songs 🥰 and there are many music-related things around the house.) So here's to friends and family, all those who hold us in their heart and we they.

Amid all this upheaval I have been able to keep moving. Housework involves a lot of functional fitness! I've started Low Impact R2 again, but I'm spacing it a bit to make sure I can recover from the tension. We're having beautiful weather here, so now that the pool has warmed up a bit, I'm trying to swim a few laps every day; it's soothing to my shoulder and neck.

I wish everyone the best possible week: success in your workouts, beautiful days and good company.