Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper Body Strength with Core Stability

Hello FB fam! Here comes a new challenge for your upper body and core:

Upper Body Strength with Core Stability

A few weeks back I shared a community post here wondering what piece of equipment you all wish you had more workouts for here on Fitness Blender. Coming in 2nd place behind resistance bands was 22% who wanted to see more workouts that incorporate an exercise/physioball. So here we are! 

The bulk of this routine focuses on traditional upper body strength exercises including a few new twists due to the use of the exercise ball and other new positioning that comes as a result. Due to the unstable environment that the ball creates, it’s up to our body to stabilize us leading to an ongoing core stability workout taking place at the same time. There is also a bonus core finisher at the end. 

The workout moves quickly so I do recommend taking a look at the exercise before starting so you can choose a weight you’d like to use for each superset to cut down on transition time (which requires a little extra with the ball mixed in!). Due to the added instability, you may want to use lighter weights than normal and you’ll want to grab a weight for each superset that both exercises can be safely completed with. Each superset is working the same muscle group but from a slightly different angle so this should feel natural. I also share tips both in the write-up and in the workout video on how to safely get on and off the ball and alternative ways to ditch the ball altogether and complete the exercises without, if that’s preferred. 

Overall, I was surprised at how sore my upper body became the next day! I was very pleased with what came of switching up a typical upper body strength workout. I hope you’re able to try it out, too :) 

xxErica