J

Injured while travelling - vent & seeking advice

Hi all,

I am not naturally a very active or energetic person, but the last 3 years of working out diligently with FB has really made me into a "working out every day and actually loving it" type of person.

A few days ago, 1 week into a 3-week trip abroad, I broke my foot after a tumble down some slippery steps (may have also been a bit inebriated...so stupid lol). I now have a splint and need crutches to get around without putting any weight on my left foot. I have to depend on others for basic things and can't participate in things as simple as a 200m paved walk to a waterfall. Previously I had been exploring the city doing 20k+ steps a day, so this feels really confining and frustrating. I'm trying not to take it out on others but it's hard.

I now have a new appreciation and sympathy for those who are differently abled, have chronic pain, or for some reason don't have full physical freedom. I have rarely been injured in my whole life, and not once in the last few years of working out. This is my first broken bone in ~30 years.

I will try my best until my return home in a couple weeks. I was really looking forward to getting back to my workouts when I got home but obviously that's not going to happen, at least not in the way I envisioned.

Any advice for what to start with, specifically a foot injury, after about 2 weeks of being splinted? I'd love to have a plan, however loose, for when I get back home.

Thanks guys. Always love the positive energy and empathy in this community.

Edited