When a “forced” hike turns out to be wonderful!

Why a “forced” hike… Well, hubs dropped our car key in the bonfire during our nature conservation task yesterday (don’t ask!!!😱😱🤣🤣). We found it in the ashes after an hour, so you can imagine its functionality by that time 🙃🙃🙃. Anyway we were given a lift home which meant picking up the car today from an estate in the middle of nowhere with no access by public transport 🤔🤔🤔. What a blessing that turned out to be though!

My day today:

30 min walk along the seafront to the bus stop

90 min ride at the front on the top deck of a doubledecker bus with interesting new views of our town as well as the countryside (“that building is so beautiful” “I never knew there was a lake there” etc), last time I was on a bus was five years ago!

short ride on a train, getting off at a sleepy little village. I have not been on a train in what seems like forever! BTW the village station platform is so small, that only the doors of the first four carriages are opened on arrival. Luckily we were told this on time by the train conductor….😱😱😱

9k hike from the station to the estate and wow, was that a wonderful hike!! Photos show beautiful views, lovely narrow paths and lots of mud (I adore mud)! We approached the manor house from a, to us, totally different angle, which was a lovely surprise.

And the best thing of all: the car started immediately with the spare key! Yesterday the doors opened but the immobilisation chip had been burnt, so the car didn’t start…

At home again now after we drove the scenic route home with amazing vistas of bright yellow fields full of rape seed…

what a blessing that dropping the key in the fire turned out to be. I had a brilliant active day. Hope you enjoy the pictures. In the replies a photo of the burnt car key… lesson learnt: put your car key in your backpack far away from the fire! Hubs will probably never live this down in our volunteering group 🤣🤣🤣!!!

Edited