Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Vinyasa Yoga: Active Stretch For Total Body Tension Relief

Whether you’re looking for some active recovery or craving a gentler workout, this Vinyasa yoga flow will melt the tension throughout your whole body! Accessible for most levels, this mellow workout includes a warm-up and cool-down, modifications and gentle plane changes. Join me on the mat to show your spine, hips and shoulders some love! 

Vinyasa Yoga For Total Body Tension Relief 

While most of us carry most of our tension in the shoulders, back and hips, these areas also embrace most of the impact when we stand or sit for extended periods of time — especially when we’re not aware of our posture. This flow will not only help release these areas of tension throughout the body, but it will help to counteract some of the defaults our bodies fall into when we’re not conscious of our posture. In addition to the posture-correcting benefits of this practice, gently mobilizing the hip and shoulder joints while actively lengthening the back muscles and hip flexors will help us to access a greater range of freedom in these joints over time. The dynamic movements offered throughout this practice are beneficial tools to come back to for long-term joint longevity, and can be used to relieve the body of tension and/or increase your overall range of movement. 

Take-away Tool: Just for a moment, pause; notice how your body feels right now. With your eyes open, take a second to notice the positioning of your shoulders . . . Can you relax them away from your ears? Notice the jaw . . . Can you unclench the jaw, allowing the teeth to separate and the tongue to fall away from the roof of the mouth? Take a deep breath in through the nose, sip in a little more air . . . and slowly exhale through the mouth. Make a note of how your body feels now — just observe. Did you notice any tension release? If so, where? 

Challenge Time! 

Next time you’re feeling stressed, I invite you to take a moment to pause and notice where you feel the tension in your body. Make a mental note of the area(s) that feel tighter, and then share your experience in the comments below! Let me know your thoughts on a series intended to target the areas you mention, for quick and accessible tools that you can access at any moment!

I hope this practice leaves you feeling rinsed and rejuvenated! 

With love + light, 

Marina