A

How do you balance dance/ cardio with strength training (like FB Programs)?

I had/have had a very stressful work life, and I started going back to the dance studio and love it - it's sort of gotten rid of my emotional eating because of how much I love dance.

Problem is, I stopped doing any strength training, which is something I really want to do. I'm currently doing 1 week of FB Abs R1 and then 1 Week of FB Booty 3, but I haven't been that consistent. interestingly, I've lost actual weight on the scale by switching to pure cardio versus strength training. And I'm also not hungry as much anymore.

I want to continue strength training for all the metabolism and bone benefits, but I definitely miss cardio after being out of it for 2 years due to a foot injury/pandemic.

I probably dance for around 1 a day, so I was thinking of adding on a FB workout every other day afterwards, but I don't really have any motivation to do strength training since selfishly, I'm seeing much more progress doing cardio than strength training for the past 3 years. I have a love-hate relationship with strengh training - I like lifting more, but I have far less flexibility and more shoulder/wrist pain when I do it. Whereas when I take a long break from strength training and do something like pilates or cardio for long periods of time, I see a change on the scale - i always plateau with strength training weight wise, but I think it's because of the increased appetite.