Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

New Wellness Video! Guided Practice to Combat Relaxation Remorse

I’m really good at “shoulding” all over myself when I finally take a moment to relax. I tell myself I “should” just go for a walk instead of sitting down. I “should” wash the dishes. I “should” work out because I always feel better (even when I am in need of a rest day). If you find yourself struggling to relax and allow rest into your life, then this guided practice is for you!

Guided Practice to Combat Relaxation Remorse

Relaxation remorse is any negative feeling — shame, guilt, remorse — when you take time to relax or rest. This is the perception that we are not being productive through our relaxation, which can cause us to have some thoughts and emotions that work against us. 

So, today’s practice will allow us to explore several sides of this relaxation remorse and includes mindfulness meditation, thought experiments, reframing of thoughts, and leaning into the discomfort to help us manage these negative feelings. I would love to hear in the comments below what you tell yourself about rest/relaxation — why is it important to you?