Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Gentle Exercises for Headache Relief

Good morning, Fitness Blender! 

Do you suffer from tension headaches? Then this might be the workout for you:

Gentle Exercises for Headache Relief

Many people are unaware that tension headaches are affected by tight muscles in the jaw, neck, and upper back areas. Often, these muscles become so tight that they exacerbate pain and contribute to future tension headaches. Let’s break this cycle by introducing gentle exercises to reduce discomfort and increase muscle happiness! 

I talk a lot about this in the Write Up, but this workout is intended for people with muscle tightness and decreased range of motion from mainly tension headaches. People who suffer from migraines or cluster headaches may or may not find total relief with this workout; however, it’s worth a try if you’re experiencing muscle guarding or pain in your neck or jaw. 

This routine contains one of my top 5 favorite exercises ever: the suboccipital release featuring the foam roll. It’s a challenging exercise for a couple of reasons and will take some time to get used to. Try it out — I noticed a significant reduction in headaches after incorporating this exercise regularly into my weekly routine. Hoping this exercise and others within the workout bring you relief and lead to better days ahead!

- Kayla