Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper and Lower Body Strength with Cardio Core Finisher

Good morning! Today I am bringing you a total body strength training workout with some specific intentions: 

Upper and Lower Body Strength with Cardio Core Finisher

In the workout, we trade off doing lower body and upper body strength exercises in an effort to maximize the functioning of our circulation. Blood will circulate back and forth between the lower and upper half of the body as we zigzag between exercises. When our circulatory system is working well it leads to a natural boost in energy as all organs and extremities are getting proper blood flow as opposed to stagnation.

The workout begins with strength training while our muscles are fresh and can do their best work with the weights. You’ll want a range of dumbbells ready to grab depending on the exercise that’s being done, I used anywhere from 9-24 lbs/4.1-10.8 kg. Although the majority of this workout is strength-based, I was awfully sweaty and huffing and puffing as time went on! Those of you who like strength workouts that could also cross as a decent cardiovascular workout will appreciate this one :) The workout ends with a nonstop 5-minute cardio core finisher to make you feel like you gave it your all! 

A thorough warm-up and cool-down are included along with modifications along the way, although, your default modifications are to lighten your weights and lower your range of motion where needed. 

Come enjoy this strength training workout with a twist and see how you feel!

xxErica