Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Body Image Challenge!

Hello everyone!!

I am so excited to share with you the second challenge coming from the mental health side of Fitness Blender. This one is a challenge to help you boost your body image!

FB Body Image: 5-Day Challenge with Activities and Resources to Boost Body Image

Every single one of us has a relationship with our body that varies across time. Because we don’t ever reach a true destination with our body image, engaging in designated mental, emotional, and even physical activities that help us manage our body image is considered a part of our self-care routine. 

I say all of this to suggest that this challenge is for everyone

That being said, this challenge may be particularly helpful for people who are in the middle point where you sometimes struggle with your body image but it is not tied to an active eating disorder or body dysmorphia. If you do feel that your struggles with your body image disrupt any area of your daily functioning (work/school, relationships, etc.), that is a sign that you may benefit from additional support and I highly recommend that you seek treatment from a mental health provider. 

In this five-day challenge, I have intentionally selected wellness content — articles, guided meditations/practices, and even a workout — all to help you work on your relationship with your body. Each day should take you about 30 minutes to complete (with the exception of the workout day, which is a bit longer at 50 minutes between the workout and the reading). 

I want you to set your own goals and track your progress on those goals for the challenge, while of course being realistic regarding what you can achieve in five days. I encourage you to revisit this challenge over and over with a new or shifted goal each time!

As you’re progressing through the challenge, please let us know how it is going! Since this is a relatively new format for Fitness Blender, we'd especially love to hear what you think. We welcome your suggestions and feedback, and are curious what types of mental health content you would like to see next!

Be well!
Haley

Note: This challenge is located under Pilot Programs and is available through an FB Plus Subscription or an FB Plus Pass