Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Pure Total Body Unilateral Strength

Hey hey! Today’s new workout is:

Pure Total Body Unilateral Strength

I’ve noticed a consistent trend in the comments of my workouts that many of you really enjoy single-limb movements and the infusing of balance, which unilateral training naturally possesses. After sharing the Full Body Unilateral Strength Training with Core Stability for a Balanced Body workout, I thought I’d make a follow-up to it! The vibes are very similar to one another, total body unilateral exercises but in different formats. 

I love unilateral training because it keeps me honest with myself! It calls out the overuse of our dominant side and squares us up to slowly correct any imbalances. I love how capable it makes me feel knowing I can maintain bodily control while it’s under pressure in unconventional positioning. It tests the smaller muscles we often don’t know are there, which in turn, only further support the large muscle groups that we use regularly in workouts!

The workout involves doing 13 exercises, completing each exercise on each side of the body. Once we complete one round, we get to do them once more. There is great opportunity to practice and feel comfortable with these moves! I’m excited for you to try them :) You’ll want a range of dumbbells nearby so you can meet yourself where you’re at on any given exercise. But please know that weights are optional at any point in time and you do not need to compare to the weight I am using (although I have them shared as always in the write-up for reference). The movements are highly nuanced so I’d rather have you complete them with no weights at all instead of modifying and changing the exercise as a whole. I share this tip in the write-up as well, but feel free to approach the first round with caution and then settle into a greater challenge when we go through them again. 

Well… let’s go! 

xxErica