Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout! 5-Minute Routine for a Healthier Pelvic Floor

Hey FB Fam!

Today I have a short and simple routine that can be done anywhere for a healthier pelvic floor:

5-Minute Routine for a Healthier Pelvic Floor

This is highly recommended for our pre/postnatal members as well as anyone else who is pelvic floor conscious and wants to maintain function, strength, and mobility in their pelvic floor! Having a functional pelvic floor is an important factor for quality of life — it controls things like continence, sexual function, supporting bladder and bowels, and more.

The good news is, you have 1 thing accessible at ALL times to help improve and maintain your pelvic floor health: your breath! Your pelvic floor works in sync with your deep core muscles when you breathe, making this a super easy technique to fit into your day.

I know what you’re thinking — why do we need a video to teach you how to breathe?! Well many of us, if we’re not intentional, can become accustomed to a more apical breathing pattern where we breathe up into the chest and shoulders as opposed to the rib cage and belly. This doesn’t utilize the pelvic floor optimally.

In this routine, I offer you 3 different breathing techniques you can do anywhere — when you drive, are working at your desk, watching tv, or even in your warmups. This ultimately helps you spend a little intentional time on your pelvic floor each day, without a big time commitment. 

The goal is not to breathe perfectly in this way at all times of your day, but spending a little focused time on it can go a long way.

I hope this routine serves and supports you!

Nicole