Perspiration Pals 12 April 2023

Hi there, Pals! How are you? It’s a bright sunshiny day here but there are clouds looming on the horizon. Or inside my head? Can’t tell. My phone can, though. Rain, rain and rain from little Friday to… little Friday. I don’t know why I dislike rain so much. I must have been a desert animal in my previous life.

Anyway, let’s get down to business. My superego managed to persuade my five-year-old ego to go to bed a bit earlier because ‘No, you won’t miss anything at all, at all.’ and, lo and behold, I woke up before my alarm went off. I could’ve easily gone back to sleep but still. Then, I did my first, nice dynamic Erica routine. Erica was definitely dynamic and I managed to keep up so I can’t complain.

I had no balance problems today which was a welcome surprise because I usually do when I work out early in the morning. Let’s talk about balance a little. You probably knew that your inner ear plays an important role in balance but did you know that your muscles, joints and even skin help with balance, too? Sensory receptors in your muscles, joints, ligaments and skin help tell your brain where your body is in space. Is your balance good?

And what’s scheduled for today? All right Pals, I must go back to work, be good (if you can), smile (but only if you want to) and have an easy day. That’s an order.

PS, I know I wasn't talking about work-life balance but this little bird is so sweet.