Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Active Recovery Strength Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

Sore muscles? Feeling sluggish? Do you want to move your body without tiring yourself out? Today’s workout focuses on taking your muscles, joints, and tendons through a full range of motion with active recovery strength exercises:

Active Recovery Strength Circuits

I mention it in the write-up and the video as well — this routine should feel like a warm hug. Although we add light weights to the exercises in the second circuit, this added resistance should be nowhere near a challenging load. Your goal is to finish this workout feeling replenished, not depleted! The purpose of taking your body through straightforward strength exercises is to encourage restorative blood flow through familiar movement patterns. Fight the urge to increase your weights or bump up your cadence.

Although we finish with a short cool-down, I encourage you to add a stretching or foam rolling routine to the end of this short workout. Below are a couple recommendations but feel free to tack on whatever routine works best for you:

I purposely filmed this workout after several days in a row of filming more intense workouts and felt gloriously relaxed afterwards. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to realize that I have to schedule restorative workouts for myself — I don’t always naturally choose relaxing activities when I need them the most so I make it a point to purposefully plan downtime for myself to avoid burnout.  

I hope you enjoy this workout as well! Feel free to share some of your favorite restorative activities in the comments section below.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha