Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper Posterior Chain Strengthening Circuits

Hey everyone! I’ve really got your back in this next workout…

Upper Posterior Chain Strengthening Circuits

All puns aside, we’re going to focus on strengthening the posterior chain in this workout. Specifically, the muscles from the back of the shoulders to the glutes. Having a sculpted back is sexy and all… but what about its functional importance and how much it supports us each day? So many of us in this modern-day world do a lot of sitting — at the desk, on the couch, in the car, etc. Although I am a fitness instructor, I sit for many hours of my day doing things like this! It’s extra important that we don’t neglect and allow our muscles on the backside to weaken as a result. Continuing to strengthen the upper posterior chain leads to better posture, low back pain prevention, has an impact on respiration, and greatly improves functional movements. 

Grab your range of dumbbells as we strengthen our muscles during the 3 circuits we will complete. You’ll also want to have a resistance loop or band close by for our lightning-fast burnout that focuses on the back for 2.5 minutes and the glutes for another 2.5 minutes. Your warm-up, cool down and modifications are included as well! 

In the write-up of this workout, I share an important component to getting maximal engagement out of the muscles we work today. Be sure to look for that tip and take on the small task before beginning the workout :)

I have a feeling that by the end of this workout, you’ll be feeling proud of yourself, composing your body with better posture, and feeling greater esteem. Although, I can’t wait to hear how it goes for you! 

xxErica