A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Eating Out Accountability Update

Hello!

My original goal was to not eat out because I have a tendency to do that because of stress eating from my job. The industry I am in has been having tons of layoffs, reorgs, and it's turned into a Game of Thrones political situation. I also got denied great opportunities and other things; all in all, a horrible time over the past few weeks and I stress-ate myself to 14 lbs, which all shows up in my face and neck. I also end work anywhere from 8-9 PM, then binge watch tv and ate tons of processed food/stayed up.

At first my need for food was helped, but with all the rumours and silence from leadership, I started eating my feelings and I definitely became depressed.

My doctor prescribed anxiety meds and they didn't really work, so I started on a depression/concentration med (very popular) and that's been helpful! I also started a vegatable fast that has been helpful to realize how much my body craves vegetables - I hate vegetables, but smoothies are amazing! I used to never drink caffeine and just have vegetable juice before I entered this sick industry, but I completely forgot how helpful it was.

I need to buy a blender (like fitnessblender!) and start to blend healthy greens together, and have them every day. I used to start my mornings with green smoothies and eggs, but I'm nearly always too stressed out to think about that in the morning, so I might have to do meal prepping on Sundays and cook everything at once.

I'm trying to put myself first in my career and health choices. I go back and forth if I should continue to stay in the industry or go back to school and do medicine, but I think the corporate overlords are the same in every industry, so I need to focus on what I can change in the interim.