Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper Body and Abs AMRAP Circuits

Welcome to a fresh new day and a fresh new workout, Fitness Blenders! 

Upper Body and Abs AMRAP Circuits

If your abs and upper body are feeling relatively fresh and ready for some fun, then this workout is going to be a smart choice. It's right up the alley for those who like a blend of strength and cardio! AMRAP stands for “as many repetitions/rounds as possible”. This format feels like HIIT but in endurance form. We’ll be completing 6 circuits of 4 exercises, 4 minutes each as we cycle through the exercises (and their assigned number of reps) until the time is up. The muscle groups we will focus on are the shoulders, triceps, biceps, back, and abdominals. To top it all off, we burn out with isometric holds. 

Throughout the routine, the use of an exercise band will be involved for many of the exercises. You can use a stretchy resistance loop like me, or a longer resistance band will work too. I also used medium and heavy dumbbells. We test that strength in many ways! 

I love that this routine gives great autonomy to the exerciser. As you work against the clock, you get to set your own pace as you move quickly while also playing the long game. I also enjoyed that each group had its own muscle group to focus on for the 4 minutes. It will make you feel strong as you tire out one focused area at a time. 

Come shake up your routine and try this one out with me! 

xxErica