Perspiration Pals 6 April 2023

Hello Pals! It’s a cold(ish) but sunny day here and I’m itching to run out of the office. How are you today?

I did Day 4 of Strong 2 but this time I didn’t replace the originally scheduled routine because I’ve done it only twice plus it’s an upper-body Tasha routine and I’m partial to those. Nowadays, I need music to work out. Partly because I like my new Bluetooth earphones and partly because I get up early and I need some extra motivation. I’ve noticed that I’m a lot more enthusiastic and a lot less sluggish if I listen to my favourite music. (I have a playlist.) So I thought I’d tell you how music affects your workout.

A 2014 survey found that two out of three people cut their workout short or skipped it entirely if they didn’t have their headphones. Music acts as a distractor and distractors are known to moderate pain levels, which means you will be less likely to notice pain during a workout. It also boosts your performance AND it can reduce physical feelings of fatigue. I can confirm all these things. How about you?

All right, Pals, I need to go now, listen to music, work out and have an easy day.

PS, I couldn't attach the pic... sorry.

Edited