Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

What's most efficient? Daily short workouts or 3-4 times a week long workouts?

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to work out again after having 2 kids and I'm wondering about the efficiency of my routine.

I've been working out every day (different things like HIIT, Tabata, strength training, etc.) but videos that are in between 30 minutes and 45 minutes long including warm up and cool down (so I guess that's about 20-25 minutes of actual work out). I like it and I find it easy to fit in my day but I'm wondering if it would be more efficient to work out less often but for longer. By efficient I mean have more impact on my muscle strength, body fat, cardio capacity, etc.

I'm asking here because I don't have exercise buddies so I could use some reference points.

And also because I used to over do it: not eat enough, work out too much and being too concerned with all that (unbalance my system to the point where I stopped having my period for a year). I do not want to go back there and I want to model healthy eating and exercise habits for my daughters.

I've followed fitness blender for many years and I love it for many reasons but mostly because it seems so balanced and wholesome.

Thank you for precious input!