Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Standing Core Strength

Good morning Fitness Blenders! Today I’m bringing you another Standing Abs routine! 

Standing Core Strength

You may remember my previous Standing Cardio Abs routine - this one will feel similar but with some noticeable changes. This routine will follow the same format completing one group of exercises 2x although there are more exercises, the active and rest intervals will be a tad shorter, and the overall focus will be more on strength as opposed to cardio. Included will be a stand-alone warm-up that gets you familiar with the movement patterns and muscle engagement to come and I'll lead you through a cool-down at the end. I also offer up modification reminders to you along the way. If you enjoyed the Standing Cardio Abs workout, you’re sure to find great satisfaction with this one, too! 

A big focus in this routine is practicing slower, controlled movements. This allows us to add extra weight other than our own body if feeling up for it. Each exercise will encourage you to use either one or both dumbbells, but please know that dumbbells are not a definite requirement to get results from these exercises. What’s most important is that you’re properly engaging your core while completing them. Throughout the workout itself and in the write-up, I share helpful form cues and tips on muscle engagement so you’re reminded to maintain this important connection and get the highest level of satisfaction from your time spent doing this routine. 

Strengthening our core stability often naturally turns into a bit of a full body workout and brings several benefits such as improved balance and coordination, better posture, decreased injury, low back pain relief, greater self-confidence, and more.

I’m looking forward to seeing you in the workout!! :)

xxErica