Fancy joining me in “Roamblender”???

FYI Roamblender is a small group of friends taking our workout outside and using whatever is around, like benches, steps, walls, railings etc. to do our exercises, running from place to place. (“Roaming” around and using Fitnessblender for inspiration).

Tonight three of us had a great Roamblender session in cold but crisp weather. At one point I actually thought: I wish other fitnessblenders could join in… so I thought I would describe some of the exercises we did. You might be inspired to try them around your way as well, maybe in a park or a playground…I won’t bore you with all of the exercises, just some by way of example.

After our warm up outside our house we ran to a park bench and we did single leg standups x10 each leg, repeat. The next exercises was by the railing of a bridge; standing hip holds: stand on left, right knee forward hold, then side hold x10, then left knee the same. Hold railing for support, if necessary. On our way to a wall, we stopped on the pavement to do Walkdowns plus shoulder taps x10. By the wall we did figure 4 wall sits, 30 secs each leg, then repeated that. We also used the wall for staggered pushups followed by tricep pushups. On the beach (but a patch of grass would be fine as well) we did deadbugs; then we did the pilates saw. We ran on to a parking area where we did walking lunges x10, running backwards back and repeat a few times. To give our legs a break, we did small arm circles forward x30, backwards x30 and repeated that. Next stop on our run were some steps (well, 130 of them); staggered squat up 20 steps, run up 20 etc all the way to the top. On the benches at the top some tricep dips, followed by butterfly crunches on the grass. Cooldown was outside our house again. With these and plenty more exercises I can say: Total body workout ✅

I hope you have managed to make it this far in reading and that you also got some ideas to take your workout outside! Because as far as we are concerned: nothing beats exercising in fresh air, rain or shine!!!

BTW photo is from a while ago, tonight we were wearing several layers to stay warm!

Edited