Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Sweaty Tabata Balance Training

What’s up Fitness Blender Community! Who’s up for a unique total body challenge? 

Sweaty Tabata Balance Training

Using no equipment other than you and your relationship to gravity, we’re going to put our balance to the test in this workout. If your initial thought is to avoid this routine, I highly encourage you to think again! The things we often avoid, we need the most :) Although this routine is a 4 in difficulty due to some of the balance exercises being more advanced, I share many modifications along the way to make sure you have a version of the exercise that feels empowering for you to complete. Feeling confident in the control we have over our body in unpredictable environments is a very empowering feeling, no matter how old we are! 

As you can tell by the title, this routine will have you surprisingly sweaty as we kick up the intensity of some of the exercises. It’s Tabata style so we will be completing 16 exercises at an interval of 20 seconds active / 10 seconds rest and doing each exercise 3x before moving on. I intentionally did these shorter intervals with rests so you can regroup and have multiple opportunities to practice each move. A warm-up is included to prep your coordination and a cool down at the end.

In the write up I share many benefits that come as a result of incorporating balance training in your fitness routine. I think one of my favorites is the enhanced mind-to-muscle connection and mindfulness that’s required. I also love that balance training is secretly one of the best core workouts due to the exercises utilizing so much stability through the midsection. Come and join me to try it out and learn more!

Wishing you all an empowered week ahead :)

xxErica