Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Lower Body Strength with Pre-fatigue Sets

Hey FB Fam!

How are you? Today I’ve got a challenging lower body workout to stimulate your legs and glutes in a new way:

Lower Body Strength with Pre-fatigue Sets

This is the companion workout to Upper Body Strength with Pre-fatigue sets released a few weeks back! It’s a fun format that involves fatiguing a smaller muscle group prior to using it again in a compound exercise (i.e. glute bridges before splits squats). This challenging combo elicits greater muscle fatigue and breakdown, which means…  more muscular growth and tone in the long run! So, if you want stronger legs to take on all your life’s adventures, get ready to push play :)

All you need for this workout are dumbbells and a loop resistance band (though the band isn’t completely mandatory). All exercises are low-impact and strength based, with modifications offered where applicable. 

A sweaty lower body day is definitely my favorite way to workout so I was very excited when so many of you loved the upper body variation of this format. There was even a request for a core version (stay tuned!). While this routine is categorized as a level 4/5, it can certainly be scaled back to a 3/5 intensity by using lighter weights. As I always say, meet yourself where you’re at and make it your own!

For fun, if you could only choose one lower body exercise to do ever again, what would it be?

Goblet squats for me :)

- Nicole