HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group March 27th

Hello Blendfriends, welcome to the last week of March. Where I live, it's still winter (we had a snowy weekend), but it's the time of year when avid gardeners like me are getting their seeds started indoors, to get ready for the season. My first baby eggplants and two new varieties of peppers (espelette-descendant hot peppers and "Jimmy Nardello" sweet peppers) are already up, just a week after sowing. Even on a seedling heat mat, hot-weather plants like peppers can take a long time to emerge, so I was really glad to see those tiny green stems! I also started my tomatoes and "ground cherries" (Physalis pruinosa). I've planted too many of everything, but that just means I'll have gifts for other gardeners later. Are any of you starting seedlings or even gardens? Julia, how are your flowerpots doing?

It's nice to have my early gardening to work on, because I was on pause this weekend with back and neck pain, still. I wanted to take this time while I'm healing to work on stretching and balance, but the pain has had me unusually tired, so I've actually been going for more sleep. This morning, my body let me know that it's rested and wants to work out, so I'll go ahead and do my all-time favorite stretching video, this (Plus) one by Kelli : https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/relaxing-total-body-stretch. Do you have an all-time favorite workout, one that always feels great to do or one that gives you the right energy?

And, since I am once again ending the winter with an involuntary break, I'm going to share a reminder :

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop. (Confucius)

I was well on my way to lifting heavier, and it looks like it's going to be a new start again this year. But I won't stop. In a way, it might be a good thing, as it will take me longer to outgrow my Sport 24 weight set 🤔 At this rate, I figure I'll buy heavier weights when I'm 85... But I'm using my cast-iron cooking pans, so there is a bit of weight in my day. Tonight I plan to make a thick chili using spicy Armenian-style kefta. The leftovers will go into stuffed acorn squash tomorrow 😋

Well, that's it for me. I need to get going, as this is an in-office day. I'll wrap this up by mentioning that everyone is welcome to read and to post in our check-in threads. We look forward to hearing from you!