Perspiration Pals 22 March 2023

Hello Pals! How are you? I’m sore all over. I did a lower-body Tasha routine on Monday and although I did see that it was level 5 on the fitness scale, I had these little bursts of energy starting on Saturday (yes, I said I wouldn’t work out but I did anyway) so I thought why not. Now I walk like someone who…. (I won’t finish the sentence because it’s rude but if you know me at all, you’ll know how I’d finish it.)

Have you used the swap workout feature? It’s brilliant! Ivett, on the other hand, is less so. I swapped a routine yesterday because the longer option would’ve been too long so I found a shorter one with Tasha. I got up feeling like a tired and hungry zombie (do zombies get hungry…?) and started working out without noticing that I’d opened the wrong routine. At the end my brain registered that it was slightly shorter but I still needed at least an hour to notice the mistake. As a rule, I refuse to get up before 5 a.m. to do a short routine so I turned into a tired and irritated zombie.

I read the EC article, though. It was Kayla’s article about the vagus nerve. We’ve already talked about this but it’s a fascinating topic so let me ask you some questions. What is a vagal tone? Also, what is heart rate variability and what does it mean if it’s low? How can you improve your vagal tone?

All right, Pals, I need to go back to work now. Be good (if you can) and have an easy day.

PS, sorry, I couldn't attach the picture.

Edited