Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bored Easily Active Recovery to Stretch and Tone

Good morning everybody! Who finds it hard to slow down on an active recovery day? Or maybe you need a fun new incentive to not skip movement all together on recovery days? I’ve got a great solution I’m excited to share with you!

Bored Easily Active Recovery to Stretch and Tone

Some of you might be like me… When faced with a pure stretching routine or a slightly more intensive active recovery workout, I typically go for the slightly more intensive active recovery workout. Why? There’s something special about breaking a sweat each day and feeling that lasting sense of satisfaction throughout the day from actively engaging my muscles. I’ve come across a solution to get the best of both worlds: Stretch AND Tone workouts. 

This is my first debut of what I call “stretch & tone” workouts. We get to slow things down a few notches and show some love to our muscles while also functionally using them at the same time. As a result, your heart rate increases, your mind and attention stay piqued, and before you know it, you’ve completed an active recovery workout while also stretching and lengthening your muscles at the same time. In an effort to maintain a well-functioning body for the long run, slowing down and stretching is an important piece of that puzzle.

The routine itself will be bored easily style where we complete 15 exercises that involve both stretching and muscle engagement. Given the nature of this workout, there is no warm-up or cool-down, nor is there a water break. Just an efficient and approachable 15–minute routine to show some love to your body and break a sweat. 

Not only does this routine work well as an active recovery experience, but I can also see it being great as an extended cool down to a workout, a welcoming way to get moving after travel or sitting for a long period of time, and as I’ve shared, as an incentive for those of us who have a hard time “just stretching” :) 

I encourage you to take a long deep breath right now and go schedule a 15–minute time slot this week to do this routine with me! On behalf of your body — thank you!

xxErica