S

Never thought I'd say this... but yoga saved me today!

So, no offence to those that love yoga or those who practice it. But I've had a bit of strained relationship to it over the years. Many years ago I practiced quite regularly but deep down I did have a sort of sense I was doing that because I should, a sort of sense of worthiness.

Then in the more recent past I just stopped and accepted that yoga is just not for me. I am highly anxious and somehow I seemed to find practice made this worse, I find it very hard or impossible to connect to breath and being 'in my head' is generally bad.

Bringing me to today when something a bit odd happened! I have been really battling anxiety and depression (again) as well as insomnia. Managed just under 4 hours sleep last night part of which included a sort of sleep walking episode (Husband awoke to find me sat bolt upright in bed clearly asleep ) which really freaked me out. To say I feel fragile is an understatement.

At the same time I knew a day of Netflix on the sofa, trying to stay awake in the hope of resetting the sleep pattern, just would not help. Too much time to think and worry. I needed something to soothe and divert me.

I spent goodness knows how long searching through all the options we are lucky to have here, everything just looked too much, too hard... and then I noticed this;

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/active-work-break-vinyasa-yoga-all-levels-mini-flow-with-mindful-reset

I am just so thankful. No idea why this clicked today maybe the flow was what I needed? having not practiced for many years to be honest some of this was too advanced for me but I worked to my ability. It just seemed to soothe my soul.

Sorry for the rambling post I just felt I wanted to share. This has really opened my closed mind!