A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Days 4 and 5 Eating Out Accountability and Stress Redux

I went grocery shopping for the first time and remembered why I hated it so much - it takes forever to get the things I need. I found recipes and grocery lists on Meallime - I didn't get the chance to make anything, but I did make the first step, which I like. I don't want the food to go bad, so I'll try that.

Going out did help me to drive more and also make appts for things I've been avoiding, like the dentist and car maintenance.

I haven't used doordash, but i did buy cookies and froze them, including girl scout cookies. I'm eating frozen meals right now, but still much cheaper than Doordash.

Also, I went to the doctor and got prescribed for anxiety. I spend so much energy relaxing and avoiding work, then intense anxiety when working due to imposter syndrome. I don't think I can use it forever, since I go through periods of extreme tiredness, then being less than tired.

The boundary day from stress redux made me realize that I'm overbooked with too many meetings, and will probably have to cope with a few techniques. One is to go to bed early and wake up early (which Xanax is helping with). I'm switching to Ashwaghanda since Xanax makes me far too sleepy. It has cut out all of my stress eating and helped to address things head on instead of being anxious and procrastinating on it. But I'm too tired on it, so it's not long-term.

I have a ton of admin tasks, then actual work, then meetings, then preparing for other meetings, etc... So I get bogged down a lot, since I don't have uninterrupted time to just work. I got through most of my Admin things over the weekend, but have more to do, as well as work. Not sure how this week will go, but I'm hoping to stress eat less! I'll also be going to a cafeteria that serves healthy food for breakfast/lunch, so rather excited for that to occur.