Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Mindful Stretching Practice

How’s it going, FB community? We’ve got a really fun and hopefully relaxing collaboration for you today. I (Haley) reached out to the fitness content creators to see who would be interested in joining me in creating a mindful stretching routine. Erica promptly jumped at the opportunity, leading us to this practice. 

Mindful Stretching Practice

In this practice, you will engage in a series of ten stretches for roughly 40 seconds, paired with 5 seconds to transition between stretches. While stretching, you will be guided to engage in particular mindfulness prompts, with the general goal of staying aware of what is going on for you in the present moment — physically, mentally, emotionally. Try to stay in the moment of whatever is coming up without forcing or avoiding any of the experiences that you notice. Just allow the present moment to be fleeting. 

As for me (Erica), movement often becomes a natural form of meditation for me and I am much more intrigued to practice mindfulness when I can also connect with my body in some way at the same time. This is a great practice for anyone who struggles to engage in a “traditional” mindfulness meditation where you are directed to sit still and engage in mental exercises. It allows for added gentle movement while the mental aspect of a mindfulness practice can be more prominent. I encourage you to keep an open mind and see what you discover about yourself!

Be sure to read the write-up where there are multiple ideas on how you can infuse this practice into your routine!

Haley & Erica