Perspiration Pals 8 March 2023

Hello Pals! Happy International Women's Day to everybody who identifies as a woman. How are you today? I was struggling with really bad anxiety last month but it seems to have eased up a little which would be a relief but now my right shoulder pain is back. I just keep laughing at the way my body is doing its utmost to freak me out but I’m still standing (better than I ever did looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid, I'm still standing after all this time….) You’re welcome. Anyway, let’s crack on with the show.

I did Day 17 of Strong 3 and since I’m working from home today, I thought, why not, let’s do the 73-minute Tasha routine. Does this count as an almost-1000-cal routine? It does, doesn’t it? It was really nice and tiring but also invigorating if you know what I mean. Of course, you do. How about you? What’s on schedule for today?

Since it’s International Women’s Day, let me present you with some women’s sports facts.

WOMEN’S SPORTS FACT #1

In ancient times, women were not allowed to even be spectators at the Olympics.

WOMEN’S SPORTS FACT #2

The first time women made an entry in the Olympic Games was in Paris in 1900. 22 women competed in tennis, croquet, sailing, equestrian, and golf that year.

WOMEN’S SPORTS FACT #3

Throughout the mid-twentieth century, Germany and Scandinavia developed strong women’s athletic programs.

Here’s to all women who have succeeded in spite of sexism, racism and any other form of discrimination.

All right, Pals, I need to go now, have an easy day, eat something delicious and sing along to a song you’re listening to. Unless you’re doing deadlifts. Don’t sing when doing deadlifts.